The trials and tribulations of a self-published steampunk writer

Friday 19 July 2013

Can I call them "Bestsellers" now?


Holy crap.

Both books in the Top 10 Kindle Steampunk books in the UK. Genuinely delighted with that.

Red Mercury has been bouncing about the Top 10 for a few weeks now, but Neptune Rising has been bubbling under, never getting out of the teens until now.

I did a three day giveaway of Red Mercury using KDP Select about a month ago. Second one I've done, but this one really seemed to work - getting a whole heap of freebie distribution, but this time translating almost immediately into a paid-for sales bounce when the promotion finished. Really pleased.

Thanks to everyone who's given the books I go. I hope you enjoy them. Feel free to give them a review on Amazon or Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just ripped through Red Mercury, and had a hoot of a time. Was that a hint of "Where Eagles Dare" that I detected? Disirrespective (I know, made up word, for a made up world) I really enjoyed it, and the two new ones are on the way from Blamazon.

    ReplyDelete